The Order of Saint Lazarus of Jerusalem established a leper hospital in the holy city in 1119, and the order’s presence spread across Europe during the twelfth century. It seems to have remained a hospitaller order until the fall of Jerusalem in 1244; knights belonging to it are first found at the battle of La Forbie in 1244, and it received Papal recognition as a military order in 1255.
Pack contains two different mounted figures, two barded horses and two heater shields. Lances and pill-shaped bases are included. Made from white metal, supplied unpainted and may need some assembly.